Our History

 

In the fall of 1948, Mr. Ralph Branton, Advisory Board Chairman called together several Mercy leaders, the Advisory board, their wives, presidents and wives of the Catholic Women’s organizations, and the wives of the Mercy staff.  This was to initiate an interest in Mercy Hospital and its school of nursing.  Advisory board member Mary Northup was elected as the first Guild President at their first meeting on November 5, 1948.

Mr. E.H. Mulock furnished the first “seed” money for basic supplies in the amount of $1,200.

 
411 Laurel Street, Suite 2250, Des Moines, Iowa 50314 (515) 247-3248
© Copyright 2011 Mercy Medical Center. All Rights Reserved